I’m a pastor.
My wife and I have seven children.
Today I was studying for this Sunday’s Mother’s Day message.
I was reading the passage in Proverbs 31 where it says:
A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
So, I decided to find out how much
rubies were worth.
I thought you might find
this calculation interesting:
· There are 141.7 carats in an ounce
· There are 16 ounces in a pound
· If the average wife weighed in at 120 lbs
· Then she would weigh 272,064 carats
· A particular ruby sold for $425,000 per carat
· That means that the minimum worth of a 120lbs wife with noble character is
· $ 115,627,200,000
That’s $115.6 Billion!!!
So that’s the minimum worth,
if she has noble character.
But the Bible says her worth is far more!
How much is far more than 1?
OK, it could be a lot more than 10 but let’s start there.
So, the minimum worth of a 120lb wife of noble character is at least
I think we need to start treating our wives better!