Hey! You wanna start somethin’?
You get an idea. You see the world could be different if they all used your idea. If your idea was out there. If people were using it. If your organization was up and running. If it was full of employees producing your product or serving people. You see people coming by the masses. As you imagine, your visions get more and more detailed. You begin to play out scenarios in your mind and you see how you would handle them. Its getting exciting. People are going to love this and I’ll be rich or I’ll be influential or I’ll be significant! Aahh! This flood of thoughts during this creative process is so exhilarating! But then…
Frustration sets in…
- You see where you are…
- You see how things are…
- You see the distance from where you are to how they could be…
- You see how far you’ve got to go…
But, my friend, let me tell you: I believe that what you’ve received or conceived is a gift. It could be a gift to the whole world. Let me encourage you. The world doesn’t have enough thinkers like you. There are not enough people who will lead others in making significant and lasting change.
New ideas create new products create new industries create new jobs create new strength in the economy brings reduced poverty strengthens families...well I think you get the idea. Your idea could really change things. Do you have the strength to bring it about? Remember, you can’t do it alone. You’ll need help. Find some people who could encourage you. Someone who is willing to take part in that creative process and believe in and work for the vision that you see.
Next it's time to go back and capture the thoughts you had in that creative process.
- How did you see this happening? Write it down!
- What would you do in this scenario? Write it down!
- What would you do in that scenario? Write it down!
- What if the economy did this? Write it down!
- What if you succeeded tremendously? Write it down!
- What if you failed miserably? Write it down!
- Capture all these scenarios. Write them down!
Now get a spreadsheet and start laying out the numbers.
- How big will this be?
- How many employees will you need?
- How much will you have to pay them?
- How many employees will you have to hire to manage all the employees you hired?
- Will you do profit sharing?
- What will you personally do with all your newly acquired wealth?
As you ponder, study and work through all these things it makes it easier for others to see what you are trying to create. Then they can begin to invest in it. They may invest time. They may invest money. But the clearer your vision...the clearer you are when you write this down...the more you think through and explain all the various scenarios then you are leading, and others will follow. They’ll see that this vision that you have is one that is worth working for.
Be encouraged my friend. The success of your vision is all about the business plan. And its a lot of work. But just like a mother giving birth to a child, what she’s been growing on the inside has got to come out. Write it all down, my friend. Get it all out. Then ask for help. Ask people to read your plan and see what they think. Let their comments help you refine what you’re seeing.
Let them sharpen you but don’t let them stop you.